Earlier this month, the world’s largest annual tech conference, CES 2018 was held in Las Vegas. To track the event, we set up a custom Netvibes dashboard to aggregate and analyze the larger conversation happening online around CES. Keep reading this blog to discover the insights we found, or read the full PushMail report to see all the charts and findings.
- What are the current hottest topics in tech?
- In the battle of the virtual assistants, which player is dominating the competition?
- What are the most popular themes mentioned around Internet of Things?
- Top Themes at CES: Artificial Intelligence (AI) was the most-mentioned topic at CES, followed by Internet of Things (IoT). Using sentiment analysis, we found that people seem to be more excited about AI, as positive mentions were higher for AI than IoT. Although slightly less popular, virtual assistants Alexa and Google Assistant were also hot topics at CES, with exceptionally high positive ratings.
- Virtual Assistants: For the third year in a row, Amazon’s Alexa is the most popular virtual assistant at CES, while Google Assistant is gaining steam in second place. Cortana and Siri are falling further behind.
- IoT Themes: With Netvibes Theme Recognition, the dashboard automatically identifies top themes mentioned at CES. When we drill down on the Internet of Things to understand what people are talking about in the context of IoT, several top themes emerge. “Home Automation” is the topic most-mentioned around IoT, with “Smart City” close behind in second place. Overall, we can see that people are most interested in the implications of IoT and how it will change their lives, rather than the nuts-and-bolts of the technology itself.
To help businesses leverage their insights and act immediately using real-time intelligence, the Netvibes dashboard can automatically share insights as a PushMail email report or PushWeb webpage.
To learn more insights from CES, please see our CES 2018 PushMail report.
Are you ready to answer your own business questions, using Netvibes insights and automated outcomes? Contact us for a free demo.
With the new PushWeb, you can keep target audiences informed about what’s happening in your business or industry by automatically publishing charts, articles and other content to a private or public webpage. PushWeb is available for Premium dashboards only.
Using Netvibes Potions, you can program your dashboard to act automatically in response to events or data triggers. You choose the Trigger(s) and Action(s) you want to take place—for example:
- When a new article mentions MyBrand, publish the link on Twitter and Facebook
- When web traffic increases for 3 weeks in a row, send a PushMail email report to the team
Today we’re launching a new ingredient for Potions to help you better share information with a targeted audience or the world at large. With Netvibes’ new PushWeb, you can automatically publish articles, analytic charts and other content directly to a custom webpage online.
From all of us at Netvibes, we wish you a very happy and successful new year!
Whatever your professional and personal goals are for 2018, your Netvibes dashboard can help you monitor the information you need to know, act immediately based on real-time insights, and track your progress over time. Contact us for a free demo and explore how Netvibes insights-driven decision making can help drive your business forward.
Netvibes helps answer your biggest business questions by aggregating and analyzing data—from across the internet and within your organization—to deliver real-time insights that drive better decision-making. Unique to Netvibes is Misodata, which enables you to connect your own data to your Premium dashboard, so you can compare and analyze all the metrics that matter to your business in one app.
Earlier this quarter, we gave you a preview of the newly revamped Misodata. Today we are excited to announce that the new Misodata is now available on the dashboard, by request as a private beta for our Premium customers. Contact us to learn more.
What’s new in Misodata